How to Monitor Employees’ Attendance
Employee computer monitoring software is a technology that offers monitoring employee’s attendance by means of monitoring the first and the last computer use during the day and times when a computer is idle/active.
This technology does not rely on any human input, all information is recorded automatically.
4 Ways to Monitor Employee Attendance
1. Slide Cards/Employee ID Systems
Slide Cards/Employee ID Systems is one of the most common methods to monitor employees’ attendance. Such systems control employees coming in and leaving. Usually, employees have to scan a card to enter/exit or it could be a fingerprint scanning.
- Such systems are dedicated to the recording time of employees coming in and leaving.
- This method is automated and needs no manual paper sheets filling.
- It is easy to analyze the information.
- In case of using slide cards, employees might pass their cards to coworkers and be out of the office themselves.
- Extra costs, as such systems are pretty expensive.
- Requires special installation.
- Does not record employees’ idle and active times. Employees with the best attendance might not actively work at the same time.
2. Supervisors & Managers
Supervisors and managers can keep under control employees’ attendance. They can watch employees coming and leaving. Also, they can watch employees actually working.
- Managers and supervisors can help to keep the attendance of employees under control.
- Managers can be supervisors as well as they can perform other duties.
- Managers and supervisors can also watch employees idle times while in the office.
- Hiring additional personnel (managers or supervisors) leads to extra expenses.
- Human-to-human supervising might negatively affect the inner working environment in a team.
- Managers/Supervisors cannot dedicate their entire working days to watching employees coming and leaving.
- Managers/Supervisors cannot constantly watch employees’ screens to be sure employees are actually working.
- In case of monitoring employees’ attendance during the whole days, managers would not have enough time for performing their own duties.
3. Video Surveillance
Monitoring employees’ attendance level with the help of video surveillance is another
method of employees’ attendance monitoring.
- Video surveillance works automatically.
- It records real movements of employees during all day.
- This method is time-consuming, as it requires a lot of time to analyze all the recorded information.
- Video surveillance may not always recognize all the people on the screen.
- Such a way of monitoring may negatively affect the inner environment in the workplace.
- It requires special installation.
4. Employee Computer Monitoring Software
Employee computer monitoring software is a technology that offers monitoring employee’s attendance by means of monitoring the first and the last computer use during the day and times when the computer was idle/active.
- Computer monitoring software is dedicated to employee computer and attendance monitoring. It generates special detailed reports, which display the time of employees’ working with computers during the day.
- It is an automated solution, which does not need managers’ extra time.
- This way of monitoring is less expensive than the previously mentioned methods.
- It is very convenient for managers.
- It can be a good replacement or addition to the existing card slide system, as it helps to prevent employees from passing their cards.
- It shows when computers are actively used and when they are idle.
- This technology does not rely on any human input, all information is recorded automatically.
- Employee computer monitoring software can be used only on computers.
CMO, NesterSoft Inc.
www.worktime.com – Employee Attendance Monitoring Experts Since 1998