What is Workstation Monitoring Software?
Workstation monitoring software is software that monitors users’ activities on a workstation. A workstation is a desktop computer in an office or a workplace. The software collects information pertaining to the activities of each worker working at each workstation.
Workstation monitoring software collects information such as the following:
• Logins and logouts, according to computer user names,
• The time of the login and the duration of the time logged in,
• The duration of active use, and conversely, the duration of idle times,
• Which software was used, when and for how long,
• Which documents were opened, at what time and for how long,
• Which websites were visited, at what time and for how long,
Why do managers use workstation monitoring software?
Managers often seek an indication of how the employees are spending their time at their desk, and how they are making use of the company’s computer. Reports generated by the software offer an instant answer to the aforementioned questions and more. Many of the most common concerns in the workplace may be addressed, using workstation monitoring software. Some of these concerns are the following:
• Accurately documenting attendance and absenteeism,
• Accurately calculating the number of hours worked,
• Regulating break times,
• Controlling the use of software
• Controlling access to documents, especially those that might contain sensitive data,
• Controlling the employee’s use of the Internet.
When a manager is well informed, he is able to make wiser decisions. The right information will make his work easier to perform.
By WorkTime workstation monitoring software www.worktime.com