TOP-3 Business Needs Employee Monitoring Software Addresses
A few months ago we visited Channel Partners 2017 exhibition. NesterSoft got a booth here and we had a chance to talk to visitors (and potential customers) 1:1. This experience was crucial! Most points we’ve already learned from our existing customers and decided to share them with you.
Here are TOP-3 business owner’s needs and issues employee monitoring software addresses:
1. “People do not respect employer”, told many business owners. “How can monitoring software handle with this?”
This phrase can be easily extended like this: “People do not respect employer and do not perform their job as it was expected”.
If you want your employees to respect you and keep productivity level decent, you should respect them too. So, what can employee monitoring software do with it?
If a business owner / CEO / company Top manager needs to receive the overall productivity ‘level up’, he/she should not only implement monitoring solution silently but also announce about this and respectfully explain the initial reasons for such decision:
- Choose monitoring software without any spying features (eg. keystrokes logging, screenshots taking, etc.)
- Prepare employee monitoring policy. Your employees have the right to review this document.
- Let your HRs hold a training or meeting to clarify the expectations from monitoring solution in your company.
Acknowledging that they are monitored, employees perform better. That’s the fact.
2. “Employees waste time on the Internet / Facebook and for other personal stuff while working hours”.
Employee monitoring software is supposed to have tracking Internet, social networking, and other non-work related activities in its basic features.
And many monitoring solutions offer even more deep insights:
- software usage tracking;
- gaming monitoring;
- overtimes tracking etc.
Employee monitoring software helps to view the overall productivity issues or successes.
3. “Employees have too many coffee breaks, chatting with colleagues etc.”
This issue is easy can be solved with two basic features of employee monitoring software:
- Active / Idle time tracking;
- Attendance monitoring.
When you’ve got these two reports, you’ll see how much time employees actually spend working. Thus, you’ve got a chance to tweak their everyday workflows for maximum productivity.
Monitoring solutions circumstantially help to increase Active time and decrease Idle time.
- Read more about our own employee monitoring solution WorkTime and its cloud version.
- Find real cases how WorkTime solved TOP business issues for its customers.