Time tracking is the most basic feature of any Employee Monitoring Software. Any company manager should know how employees spend working hours. This knowledge empowers with the opportunity to improve team’s and each team member productivity, to address the arising workflows issues etc.
Time Tracking Software tracks employees working hours activities while being on the computer starting from the login time in the morning to the logout moment at the end of the day:
- login time;
- active and idle time;
- time spent within a particular app;
- social media surfing time;
- Internet usage time;
- productive and unproductive websites and apps time;
- time spent on specific tasks and/or projects etc.
Some types of Time Tracking Software provide more payroll related features helping not only track time on tasks but also being paid automatically without even submitting any invoices.
With such features, no employee or contractor won’t be underestimated or underpaid again.
Other pros of using Time Tracking Software is using its reports for agile productivity management:
- estimating employees productivity (individually or even by department/team);
- identifying productivity gaps and successes;
- improving team members focus and motivation;
- detecting particular tasks an employee was experienced difficulties with;
- giving company employees more autonomy in case they deliver satisfying results;
- eliminating micromanagement;
- spending less time on administrating tasks since being up-to-date at any moment.
Special mention should be made of the fact that Time Tracking Software may be applied in most businesses nowadays. Moreover, this might help in reinvention and streamlining of a company workflows.
Anyway, before implementing any Time Tracking Software it’s necessary to identify the main reason for this: is it to keep an eye on employees productivity, increase billing or monitoring performance? The right ground is the key to keep the team’s morale strong and utilize all the benefits of this approach.