How to Use Employee Monitoring Software to Perform SAM?
Software asset management, or SAM, is a trendy part of overall corporate business strategy. Any business with the help of SAM strives to reach definite goals:
• Measure licensed software usage
• Reduce IT costs related to the rare licensed software usage
• Limit legal risks of unlicensed applications usage
• Optimize required programs acquisitions
Employee Monitoring Software Empowers SAM
Employee monitoring process assists SAM experts in measuring employees’ usage of applications. A quality employee monitoring software provides managers with easy to understand application monitoring reports. These allow to track:
• Applications used,
• Time spent on the application usage (when and for how long),
• Computer(s) the application(s) was used on,
• Login name of the user/employee using the computer/application(s).
Gained due to such a software application, the managerial awareness about licensed/unlicensed programs usage helps to develop efficient strategies on IT costs optimization.
Reducing the acquisitions of rarely used software and empowering employees by purchasing applications they require, – are a few ways of utilizing the analysis of applications used. Empowered by url monitoring, SAM even compares the usage of web alternatives to the software installed to ensure the balance of acquired and installed programs and the ones used online.
SAM managers might even use the application monitoring software statistics to negotiate volumes in the agreements on licensed software contracts. Moreover, employee monitoring software enables SAM staff to detect risky programs installed by employees. This, in turn, eliminates possible costs associated with legal violations of licensed software usage.
Business Goals Covered
The analysis of the application monitoring reports empowers managers to collect the information on the licensed software usage location, frequency and subjectivity, namely the data on:
– who applies the licensed software purchase on a daily basis and what employees/departments rarely use it;
– which computers are used for the software under monitoring purposes;
– cheap alternative applications’ usage.
Some extra business puzzles solved by the application monitoring process might include:
– employees’ productivity boosting by learning the programs needs of the staff;
– hazardous applications installed on corporate computers detection and elimination;
– the company’s software usage reputation improvement by ensuring the legality of the applications used, etc.
Correspondingly, due to the employee monitoring process, the main financial goal of SAM is covered, – companies save corporate IT costs by developing efficient licensed software acquisitions policy and minimizing possible licensed software usage risks.
About WorkTime Products
WorkTime employee monitoring software supports key SAM processes by auto-generating relevant reports. The analysis of the comprehensible reports received saves corporate costs via managerial decisions to optimize licensed software usage, limit employees’ access to unauthorized applications usage, plan an efficient software acquisition. (For further information please refer to: Money Saved on Software Licenses and WorkTime Saves Thousands Dollars When Moving to New Citrix Servers).