How To Monitor Employee Computer Activity?
Employee computer activity can be easily tracked by the monitoring software.
WorkTime Corporate is employee monitoring software designed to monitor all Internet, documents, software and any other computer activity. It also tracks employees login / logout and attendance time.
9 Facts about the most unproductive activities while working hours (by Harris Poll survey):
- Personal phone calls / texting – 50%.
- Gossiping – 42%.
- Surfing the Internet for personal purposes – 39%.
- Socializing on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks – 38%.
- Making too long / too frequently coffee / lunch / smoke breaks – 27%.
- Noisy co-workers – 24%.
- Co-workers dropping by – 23%.
- Emailing – 23%.
- Unnecessary meetings – 23%.
How to raise productivity level of each employee and reduce any unwanted unproductive activities?
The answer is: implement employee monitoring software and announce about it all company employees.
For example, WorkTime Corporate is able to provide you with the following reports:
Image 1. WorkTime Summary reports dashboard.
Here you’ll be able to see employees, who socialize the most, who use the Internet the most and if they are surfing for personal purposes or for work activities. And these are only very basic reports. WorkTime Corporate reports every computer activity to give deep insights and understanding of the current productivity level of each employee.
Using these reports data you may:
- take a new look at your team productivity level Before and After implementing employee monitoring software;
- rethink team’s everyday workflows;
- cut unproductive activities and replace them by more necessary ones;
- spot each employee productivity gaps;
- save valuable time and, thus, company’s money!
If you have never tracked employees activities before, you should watch our 80 seconds explanatory video to get the basics:
Summing up, here’s 5 steps how to monitor employee computer activity:
- Install employee monitoring software.
- Announce the new policy to all employees.
- Get reports.
- Analise employees computer activity while working hours and detect productivity gaps.
- Rethink those gaps and mind relevant improvements of everyday workflows.