Employee Productivity Monitoring Software: What’s On The Market?
Ineffective use of work time is a common issue for many employers. Employees discuss their personal matters, check e-mails, visit social networking sites or just do things that are not related to the performance of their official duties.
In addition to reducing such an indicator as the employee productivity, the likelihood of information leakage is increasing. The problem can be solved using software that controls the actions of employees in real time.
Technical peculiarities of a monitoring system
Today, various developments are presented on the market, so a company has the opportunity to choose software considering the specifics of its work. The operating principles of such programs include solving the following tasks:
- Operational monitoring of working hours of each employee;
- An objective assessment of each employee’s performance;
- Detection of employees potentially disloyal to the company;
- Detection of potentially fraudulent schemes;
- Detection of potential sources of confidential information leakage;
- Conducting a prompt investigation of leakage cases;
- Identification of potential risk groups.
The monitoring system includes a server, a database (DB), an administrator and an agent console. Such systems are almost always installed in local networks. The software with the agent located in other networks is used less commonly. The contractor makes the final choice after consultation with the client.
Conceptual solutions of the monitoring system
The first group of software solutions is used to collect and analyze a significant amount of information. The customer regularly receives a detailed report consisting of comprehensive information about the employees’ productivity and the cases when employees are busy with unrelated to work activities.
The second group of solutions provides an opportunity to control the behavior of employees on the basis of the video recording of all their actions. Such kind of software separately fixes various violations.
The third group of software solutions is characterized by minimal functionality to solve narrowly specific problems (like simple timers for particular tasks etc.)
Regardless of the final choice, the practical side of the control system implementation is as follows:
- The agent program is installed on the employee’s PC;
- The agent sends all collected information to the server;
- The server performs a permanent analysis;
- The company manager can get acquainted in real time with the available reports.
The key to successful system operation will be the correct choice of the control mechanism. It is about the ability to monitor events, information or the system as a whole.
What kind of employees’ actions can be under control
Easy configuration is among the main benefits of these specialized programs. The customer can control the following parameters:
- The fact that the computer is turned on/off or attendance monitoring. It is possible to determine more accurately whether an employee comes to work on time or starts a working day with a delay;
- Keystrokes capturing (it’s more like a spying feature, so it’s not popular);
- Usage of applications (work-related or not);
- Internet connection usage;
- Visiting specific websites. The system will determine how much the information obtained on the visited sites was necessary for the performance of official duties.
An option that allows real-time monitoring of ports and network connections usage is singled out in a separate category. This reduces the likelihood of leakage.
An overview of innovative developments in the industry
Biometric identification is a set of unique characteristics that each person received by nature, for example, fingerprints or an iris. Both characteristics can be used to control access to information that is classified as a commercial secret.
The cost of installation of such a system is low, and the effect is invaluable. The biometric identification includes only a fingerprint, or dactyloscopy and password.
The second option is preferable in the case when it is necessary to exclude even the slightest possibility of unauthorized access.
Blockchain technology is an innovative solution that allows delegating certain access rights to employees. A manager decides how much information every employee learns.
The possibility of obtaining unauthorized access to data that is out of the area of professional interests is excluded.
Software, used to monitor the working time of remote employees, belong to a separate category. The agents are installed on their computers as in previous cases.
Their tasks are periodical monitoring, depending on the settings.
Skeptics will say that the employee who works remotely may simply forget to switch on the computer program. It turns out that the effectiveness of control is reduced to zero.
In fact, this is not true. Whenever an employee goes away from his/her personal computer or simply does not activate the software, this time period is simply not displayed in his/her timesheet.
In other words, the system is created in such a way that the remote employee had a powerful incentive to use the software.
Multidisciplinary systems for monitoring of the employees’ activities improve the efficiency of the company.
Reducing unproductive movements during the working day, a company manager saves the company’s resources.
The market offers various options for installing specialized software taking into account the specifics of the company’s work.
Before its purchase, it’s highly recommended identifying the risk areas of the company.
It is important not only to install the most expensive solution but to choose one that more closely meets the requirements of a company.
- Read more about our own employee monitoring solution WorkTime and its cloud version.
- Find real cases how WorkTime solved TOP business issues for its customers.