Employee monitoring has taken a whole new spin. Organizations can now monitor employees in a whole new way with the help of technology.
What is Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee Monitoring Software is a technology tool that allows organizations to track all employee activities. This includes measuring productivity/performance and addressing other security concerns.
Tools like employee monitoring software are simply a new way of implementating of employee monitoring process, which has been a common practice for a long time (people started to use timesheets as far back as 1888 and punch cards even earlier – in 1886).
Now with modern software tools, companies can not only track how much time employees spend at work but:
- how productive they are,
- how much time they are on the internet,
- which applications they use most,
- whether they were productive while surfing the internet or simply doing their shopping,
- what tasks they struggle with,
- when they work best,
and much more.
Employee monitoring improves productivity, streamlines timekeeping and creates a safer and more productive workplace for everyone.
What is being monitored?
Thanks to current technology, businesses can monitor almost 100% of employee’s activity, including but not limited to:
- Internet usage
- Software and apps usage
- Employee productivity
- Login and logout time
- Attendance time
- Email content
- Computer screen capturing
- Keystrokes recording
- Phone use
- Video/audio surveillance
- GPS tracking
- Location tracking by access badge
and many other indicators.
Is privacy protected in any way?
Companies have turned to non-intrusive and respectful employee monitoring in order to respect employee privacy. Uninvolvement in any spy-like features like (screen and keystrokes capturing, email content screening) is more appropriate.
WorkTime is the only employee monitoring software that offers non-intrusive and respectful employee monitoring.
After data collecting, this data is transformed into readable charts, reports, and other entities to improve the decision-making process on C-level.
Furthermore, a manager has the possibility to determine any team (or each employee) gaps and successes: from appropriate salary, сorresponding (or not) rates, to optimal team size, apps kit, and workflows.
Also, if there’s anything a manager should know about a specific team member (like, Heather was much less efficient in the past month, or Peter has really accelerated in the past two weeks), it can be detected objectively-not intuitively.
Pros of Employee Monitoring
- Employee monitoring helps to determine who’s being productive and who is visiting non-work related sites.
- Employee monitoring helps to make sure that the quality of work is where it’s meant to be in order to improve performance.
- Employee monitoring helps to catch mistakes and errors in time.
- Employee monitoring helps generate trust in employees and vice versa.
- Employee monitoring helps to ensure that data is kept secure by protecting daily information and reports.
‘’ When employee monitoring is not handled properly it can lead to mistrust and in turn, reduce the motivation of employees thereby causing harm to a business.’’- Kirill Nesterenko CEO Nestersoft Inc.